Over thirty years ago I was lucky enough to have been served the forerunner to this recipe at the home of the best home chef I know. Since then we call this “Ginger’s Chicken” and serve it whenever we need a recipe to impress.
Only 4 ingredients and almost no prep time makes this a favorite for the cook. But what those four ingredients do in the oven makes this a favorite of all the kids and grandkids!
I’ve served this to the family, friends, to visiting priests, and at potluck events. Leftovers are rare!
This is a saucy dish so I normally make a rice dish for a side. But as you can see in the photos, mashed potatoes are terrific. Keep your veggies simple – roast green beans or asparagus are a colorful and delicious option.
- 12 chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 8 oz Catalina Salad Dressing
- 15 oz whole cranberry sauce
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add chicken thighs in a single layer to a 9 x 13" pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, pour over chicken.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes if you have time.
A word on the nutrition information: The Kcal value assumes that every bite of every ingredient is eaten in every serving. I have never seen all of the sauce eaten. The chicken thighs cook in the sauce but not all of it ends up on the table unless you put the remainder in a gravy boat. Even then, a little sauce is all anyone needs or wants on their personal serving.