This simple side dish is a summer favorite. I’ll usually make up a batch for fish tacos, pan-seared salmon, or grilled pork chops. Whatever is left will top a breakfast burrito or even a quick lunchtime quesadilla – that’s if someone didn’t raid the fridge for a midnight snack.
If you are looking for a potluck dish – this is as pretty as it is delicious. Don’t even tell them how healthy it is!
At our Florida house we top the pineapple and stick the crown in the dirt. I usually water it for the first day or two but that’s as much care as it takes. 24 months later we’ll have a delicious pineapple (and we’ll start the planting all over).
Sweet and savory topping for meats, mexican dishes, veggies.
- 3 bell peppers I like to use a variety of colors - red, orange, green usually.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cups pineapple, chopped Fresh is better than canned
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- Chop your peppers, onions, and pineapple and mix in a bowl. Fold in the cilantro.
- * Add a few shakes of red pepper flakes if you prefer your salsa a bit spicy. Hot sauces based on vinegar change the flavor and character of this side dish.
Serving: 0.5cupCalories: 65kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 4mgPotassium: 238mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1956IUVitamin C: 117mgCalcium: 18mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!